I’m aware that’s a lot of people keen to pick up their child’s AQE / GL results on the morning of the 27th January, rather than chewing off all their nails and waiting for the postman to leisurely complete his rounds. To support this, I’ve researched the process with the Royal Mail and I hope it helps.
The Royal Mail Service
The do offer an results collection service for the AQE / GL test and the process starts when the central Royal Mail team send out a formal communication to every delivery office within Northern Ireland to advise them that this may be something they’d like to consider. However, a couple of points worth noting:
- This communication to the local delivery office does not go out until about a week before the results date. So this communication will go out until after the 20th January.
- Not all sorting offices have to agree to this process so it will ultimately be their choice.
Your Local Sorting Office
You should know your local sorting office as this’ll be the place that any undelivered items get returned to, but just in case you don’t, you can find your local office by putting your postcode into Find Your Royal Mail Delivery Office tool on their website.
Key Points To Note
- It’s best to wait until the Delivery Office receive the formal communication from central Royal Mail, and if you phone too early they might tell you to phone back three / four days before the results come out (27th January), as they gear up to get organised for this event.
- Not all delivery offices will be playing alomg so don’t be too excited that this will definitely be an option for you.
- The earliest pick-up time is typically 9am, so if you need it before this time, this service may not suit.
- Think carefully if you really need this service or will the normal post do just fine without the extra hassle?
How & When To Contact Royal Mail To Arrange Delivery
About three days before the 27th January, you can phone the Royal Mail on 0345 774 0740 to arrange to pick up your results from the local delivery office. However, it might be easier to call in to the Delivery Office as many of them are running lists.
More about The Transfer Tutor Online Quizzes
The Transfer Tutor is an online site dedicated to providing fun and interactive quizzes aligned to the AQE / GL specifications. All quizzes are broken down into manageable topics and can be done on any mobile or tablet device, so is an great way for kids to prepare for the test. The quizzes have been a great success with parents and kids and has already received over one hundred 5* Facebook Reviews, so definitely worth a look. To give you a feel for the quizzes, start the free quiz by clicking on the button below. I hope you enjoy and to get access to over 30 quizzes in Maths and English click here for membership options.