How do I know which licence is right for me?
All the licences have a set expiry date. Consider when your child is doing the AQE / GL test and buy the appropriate licence. You may also want to factor in if there is a younger sibling as extra years only cost another £15 each. Further details on the licences can be found here.
I paid through Paypal but I don’t see how to log on?
OK, so once you have paid you get an automatic email to complete registration. If you don’t see this, please check your spam/junk folder as 99% of time it is there. However, if you can’t find this, contact me, preferably through Facebook messenger, but email or phone are also fine, and I’ll get you set up right away. Once you have set up the username and password, you just Sign In and you’re off.
How do you sign in and actually do the quizzes?
Well, to address this particular question, I have created a YouTube demo. OK, I may not be Banksy when it comes to creativity, but it’s a start and should simply explain how to get going. Click – Signing in and Launching Quiz YouTube Video.
How can I find out more about The Transfer Tutor
Simply go to the The Transfer Tutor Explained page and all the features will be covered there, including the buttons to purchase.
Can I change my username once it has been set up?
Unfortunately, it is not possible for you to change your username once it has been selected, but I can do it! 🙂 Behind the scenes I will have to delete your account and set you up a new one but that is ok and I’m happy to oblige. To proceed, please complete this quick form and I’ll get you sorted asap.
If I purchase through my phone can be son / daughter access the site on their tablet?
Absolutely. When you register you will set up your own username and password and you simply access the site from any device you want to use with the sign in details. All progress will be tracked from the same account.
Does my son / daughter have to have Facebook to use this?
No, these questions are built using website software so Facebook is just the Business Page and provides updates to parents.
How can I find out how my son or daughter is doing in the tests?
When you child completes a test you will get an email informing you of the test title and the percentage they achieved. This way you should be able to identify weak areas that perhaps need some additional focus.
How do I sign up for The Transfer Tutor quizzes?
Simply click on this link Signing Up and it will take you to a page where you can click on the Buy Now buttons to proceed through Paypal.
Can I buy even though I don’t have a Paypal account?
Yes, when you access the Paypal site (through the Buy Now buttons), you are given the option to proceed as a ‘guest’ where you can input your card details. If you have any problems, please contact me and I’ll find a way for you to get set up e.g. PAYM or direct Bank Transfer.
Are there any bulk discounts for schools?
Yes, I have been working with a number of schools and offering discounts due to the number of licences they are buying at one time. If you work in a school and want to discuss this, please feel free to give me a ring on 07880335848.
Is this really any good?
Well I would be just bias if I answered this, so have a browse through the independent reviews on the Facebook Reviews Page, and I’ve included a few comments below.
- “Transfer tutor has been recently launched, I have my first child going through the transfer this year and with technology being the ‘in’ thing now it is a great way to get him to do extra work. Working so far so long may it last. Would highly recommend this for children going through the transfer.” Mairead
- “My son just adores these quizzes and it is the only thing I can get him to do! Before this there were tears and tantrums trying to get him to do the normal paper tests but now it’s much more relaxed and I know he’s learning. The hints are good too and he uses these to learn for the next time.” Joanne
- “This is absolutely fantastic for children preparing for transfer tests. The fact it is accessible on tablet/ phone makes it so much more appealing to children and more enjoyable. Fully recommend it.” Mary
I’m on an iPhone or iPad, can I make this look like an App?
Yes, on most devices you can create a link to any website and store this on your homepage. That way, an app-looking box is created and my recommendation is that one is set up for Maths and one for English. This process will vary depending on the device, but for the iPad / iPhone the process is:
- Go to the page for Maths Practice (or English).
- Look at the bottom on this webpage and at the bottom of this page you’ll see a box with an arrow pointing upwards – click on this.
- A number of options will pop up and one of them will be ‘Add to Homescreen’. Click on this.
- A long title will appear and simply delete this and type in Maths (or English).
- You’ll now see this on the homescreen,
The picture belows shows this in the 3 key steps needed.